July – August 2009
Dear Prospective Volunteer Driver,
This week, ITNBluegrass will give its 1,800th ride in Fayette County and we need drivers! The benefits for drivers are quite good and include a free ITNBluegrass membership to give to someone else plus mileage reimbursement and transportation credits. The best one, though, is the good feeling you get by helping others remain active and independent.
The majority of our rides are during the day M-F, but a growing number of customers are scheduling weekend and evening rides, so we can really use you no matter what your schedule is like!
Below is a list of upcoming Volunteer Driver trainings for July and August. Please consider attending one and learning more about how you can make a difference in the lives of people who no longer drive. As always, I can schedule individualized trainings if these days/times don’t work for you. If you know someone who might enjoy this type of volunteer opportunity*, please forward this post to him/her.
Volunteer Driver Trainings Sessions:
Monday, August 3 from 9:00-11:00 am
Saturday, August 15 from 8:30-10:30 am
Tuesday, August 18 from 9:00-11:00am
Wednesday, August 26 from 11:00am-1:00 pm
All trainings are in the conference room at the ITNBluegrass office, which is located at 436 Georgetown Street, in the LexLinc building next to Rally’s.
Please call Laura at 859.252.8665 to ask questions or to say you’ll attend. (Attending a training session does not obligate you to drive.)
Qualifications sought for volunteer drivers
- Valid KY driver’s license and three years driving experience.
- Acceptable record of safe driving and clean criminal history check.
- Proof of liability insurance for vehicle and current registration.
- Personal references from three non-relatives.
- Not taking drugs/medications that caution users against driving.
- Ability to lift wheelchairs and walkers, and carry packages up to 25 lbs.